The year is half over and as I approach the end of the second quarter, I look at all the social media channels I’m managing for a variety of brands and take a moment to do some housekeeping on each one.
It’s an easy step to forget. If you focus on developing content for your clients, like I do, housekeeping for your social channels never gets priority. Here is a checklist of 12 things I’ll be doing this month in my networks that you can use, too.
1. Update cover photos
2. Check and update all profile photos
3. Update lists, categories and groups
4. Answer/resolve any pending private messages
5. Update all descriptions
6. Check that all links in descriptions are working
7. Add new followers into relevant lists
8. Create or retire lists
9. Do follow-backs on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
10. Organize and file content and assets you need to find later
11. Add or remove page administrators
12. Check and update settings
There are probably more that you’ve already thought of doing on your channels. What are your necessary housekeeping tasks for social media channels? Comments welcome.